By Richard Brody
Since, for most people, the asset value, of their homes, represents, their single - biggest, financial asset, wouldn't it make sense, to use the best approach, when they, decide, it's time, to sell their house? Since, there is no such thing, as, one - size - fits - all, when it comes to real estate transactions, the smartest approach, usually, is, taking advantage of the combination of time - tested strategies, as well as customizing the specific approach, to the circumstances, and actual, property/ house! With, that, in mind, most would benefit, when/ if, they took advantage of, using a CLEAR approach, strategy, and action plan! Therefore, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why, it matters.
1. Competition; clarity; create/ creative; condition; communication: The best results occur, when agent, and client, proceed, on the same - page, and, this comes, from enhanced, communication, from the onset! One must know and consider, the competition, so there is clarity, in terms of the reasoning, in terms of creating, the initial, listing price! Objectively, evaluate, and compare, the strengths, and weaknesses, in terms of the house, and property condition!
2. Listing Price; listening; location: It's important for a homeowner to realize, listing (or, asking) price, and what it sells for, are, often, different. Agent/ client discussions, must center - around, effective listening, and empathy! In real estate, location, and its variables, are significant!
3. Emphasis; empathy; esthetics: Is there anything, about, the esthetics, and appearance, of a property, which might make this one, stronger, or weaker? It's wise to place the marketing emphasis, about perceived strengths (accentuate the positive), and, always, remaining, empathetic!
4. Approach; area; assets; advantages: Knowing, and appreciating, both, the advantages, and disadvantages, is a great beginning, to the finest, possible, approach! What are the primary, assets, and what aspects, of the specific area, add, or distract, from the perceived value, and attractiveness of this house?
5. Region; reasons; rationale; realistic; rooms: Considerations, such as the particular region, the number, size, and attractiveness of the rooms, are major factors, in marketing a home! Quality real estate agents, articulate, clearly, their reasons, and rationale, to their clients!
When, the CLEAR approach, to selling houses, is understood, and followed, the results usually benefit, and the overall, transaction, is generally, less stressful! Will you follow these basic steps, to get the best results?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades, and a RE Licensed Salesperson, for 15+ years. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website:http://PortWashingtonLongIslandHouses.com and LIKE the Facebook page for real estate:http://facebook.com/PortWashRE